The Absolute Best Maintenance and Service Your Fire Extinguisher Can Get.
FireGuard is your complete source for Fire Extinguishers; Service, Inspections, Recharging, Hydrostatic Testing, and Training.
With FireGuard, you get Factory Trained and Certified Fire Extinguisher Technicians. Our expert technicians know and understand the local Omaha Fire Codes to ensure your business is Fire Code compliant.
FireGuard can perform inspections per current codes and also for your insurance providers’ requirements. Inspections can be weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, or annually.
Weekly and Monthly Inspection Procedures:
- Is the Fire Extinguisher located in its designated place?
- Do you have unobstructed access and can you visibly see the Fire Extinguisher?
- Is the Pressure Gauge Reading in the proper range?
- Did you weigh the Fire Extinguisher to determine the fullness?
Items Dropped from the Monthly Inspection List:
- Confirm that the instructions for operating the Fire Extinguisher are facing outward.
- Make sure the safety seals and tampers are not broken or lost.
- Check for obvious physical damage, corrosion, leaking or nozzles being clogged.
Annual Fire Extinguisher Maintenance and Service
To meet current Omaha Local, State, and Federal Fire Codes, your fire extinguishers must be inspected by certified and trained Fire Extinguisher Technicians at a minimum of once per year. At FireGuard, we ensure your Fire Extinguishers are in proper working order and your business is in compliance with the local Omaha AHJ’s and fire codes.
- Visually Inspect Fire Extinguisher
- Check the Test and Maintenance Dates
- Weigh Fire Extinguisher (CO2)
- Visually Inspect Pressure Gauge (when applicable)
- Remove the Safety Pin
- Install New Tamper Seal
- Remove the Discharge Hose and Inspect Valve Assembly
- Check CO2 for Continuity
- Clean the Fire Extinguisher
- Attach a New Certification Tag
- Complete the Fire and Safety Report
- Ensure Customer Understands the Work Completed
Six Year Maintenance for Portable Fire Extinguishers
Maintenance Interval Requirements: Every Portable Fire Extinguisher per fire code shall be inspected monthly (this can be performed by one of your employees). Every Fire Extinguisher per code shall be have an Annual Maintenance and Service (performed by a certified technician – FireGuard technicians are certified and highly professional!). Also, Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers that require a 12 year hydrostatic test shall have maintenance performed every 6 years. This an internal and external examination of the cylinder.
12 Year and 5 Year Fire Extinguisher Hydostatic Testing
Depending on what type of portable fire extinguisher you have, a 12 year or 5 year hydrostatic test shall be performed (per fire code). FireGuard is a DOT certified Cylinder Retesting Facility, offering FAST turn around options! Here is the procedure for the hydrostatic test for the fire extinguisher:
- First, the fire extinguisher cylinder is inspected internally and externally.
- Second, the fire extinguisher cylinder is filled with water.
- Third, a pressure test is performed on the fire extinguisher cylinder to ensure that it does not leak or rupture.
Once Call. One Source. Call FireGuard today at 402-592-1999!
FireGuard offers a wide range of fire safety products and services, including fire extinguishers, fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems, restaurant systems, special hazard systems and exit/emergency lighting systems.