Regular maintenance of fire and smoke dampers is required by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the International Building and Fire Codes, and is enforced by Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s) such as the Joint Commission, Fire Marshals and insurance risk auditors.
FireGuard, Inc. provides complete and professional fire and smoke damper inspections per code requirements and will assist you in keeping your facility in compliance with local and state building codes.
Fire and smoke damper inspection services include:
- Inspection of fire dampers, smoke dampers and combination fire/smoke dampers 1 year after installation for all facilities, every 4 years thereafter in non-healthcare facilities, every 6 years in hospitals.
- Locate and operate (i.e. actuate) all fire dampers and smoke dampers in your facility, removing and resetting the fusible link to verify the damper fully closes.
- Manually activate electric smoke dampers and pneumatic smoke dampers to ensure that the actuator is operable and to verify it fully closes.
- Provide a web-based report via our Building Reports, listing all code required information: location of damper, damper number, whether the damper passed or failed, and detailed reason for failure.
- Mark the location of the dampers on drawings, via Building Reports.
When it comes to fire and life safety, you want the very best for your facility.
FireGuard’s certified and professional technicians are ready to assist you!
FireGuard offers a wide range of fire safety products and services, including fire extinguishers, fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems, restaurant systems, special hazard systems and exit/emergency lighting systems.